Free WiFi Internet at Singapore Changi Airport
A few major airports in Asia are now offering free WiFi to all travellers, rather than giving commercial operators the opportunity to financially rape customers by charging exorbitant fees to access the Internet. Singapore's Changi is one of the best airports in the world and offers free Internet WiFi access to everyone and it's available in all terminal buildings and departure gates.
There is however a very small hurdle you have to negotiate before you can get the free access. Everyone needs a user name and password and if you have a local Singapore mobile phone/SIM card, you can register online and get the log in details sent to you via SMS... but as most travellers won't have a local SIM card, this method of registering will be useless...
It's not a problem though, as you can just walk up to any airport information desk and request your free account. You will have to produce your passport for some reason, but you'll be given an account straight away and you'll be surfing with any of your WiFi enabled devices within minutes.
At the time of writing, the free WiFi network name is Wireless@SG.
Need advice? Got a question? Go to our Singapore Forum
Key articles about Singapore
Latest Singapore Forum Topics:
- Why did Singaporeans vote for the workers' party?
- Marrying a Thai National in Singapore
- Expat Salary 2015
- Singapore insurance company recommendations please
- Anyone using Singapore ISS International School?
- Problems in finding clothes for tall people in Singapore
- Two Income Tax Questions - Moving to Singapore from Australia
- Money exchange in Chiang Mai before leaving?
- Can I open a bank account in Singapore as a tourist?
- Relocating to Singapore