• 3 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies

Orient Expat Friends
Meet your global neighbours. . .

• Thailand Snake Identification
      By Morlar · Posted
      ​We just killed a medium sized King Cobra outside the kitchen, and we've noticed a significant increase in their numbers this year. It's stomach was bulging so I decided to cut it open and take a look at what it had for lunch. . .
    • Assistance with passport and visa applications for Vietnamese fiancée
      By Judytan · Posted
      File documents for visa is not that complicated. My husband did everything by himself, it is working fine for us, I am now waiting for an interview invitation.
      By golfreak12 · Posted
      I'll give you a bit of what I went through.(I'm Vietnamese American). Heres the important steps you need to take. - When you get married, you need to get the marriage certificate and bring it back to the US so you can file the proper paperwork to get her to the US     - To get the marriage cert., you need a "SINGLE" certificate and the health checkups(easy) and wait around ~4 weeks for the marriage certificate. - When you get back to the US, use the marriage certificate to file for a Visa for your file. 2 things I learned. 1) To get the marriage certificate in VN, use someone in VN to help you. 2) Afterward, to get a Visa for your wife, use someone from the US to help you. Sorry I don't have that guy info but there are plenty of people in VN that will offer this service. Ask your fiancé to ask around for an honest one.  If you're serious about getting your future wife to the US asap, get people to do the paperwork for you. Don't attempt this yourself. I got married on Oct 2011 and she passed her interview in Nov 2012 and came to the US in Dec 12.  
      By DaveMesa · Posted
      Much appreciated, golfreak12. You don't happen to have any info on this guy who guided you through everything, do you?
    • In love with a Vietnamese girl
      By Morlar · Posted
      The accounts are now merged and only the original exists. All posts from the deleted account have been associated with your original account.