Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The ratings war, which is your favourite Philippines TV channel?

1 post in this topic

Posted

As tried and seasoned expat veterans (or newcomers) in the land of balut, songs and smiles, which is your favourite Phils TV channel di ba ?

ABS-CBN or GMA ? Who do you back in the exciting ratings war ?

Here in Oman, my wife is definitely ABS-CBN. Mind you, that's the channel used by TFC (the Filipino Channel - Phils overseas tv). But she prefers it anyway over GMA.

Indeed why not, I just love trying to sleep at 2 in the morning while some loud variety show pumps out badly sung amateur karaoke for a prize of shampoo bottles.

I should add that my wife likes to sleep with background noise, something to do with being brought up in Pasay, MM I guess. Me ? I'm a townie from Scotland who is more used to tranquil sounds at night, like my own snoring for instance !

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Orient Expat Friends
Meet your global neighbours. . .

• Best Place to Live in the Philippines
      By TizMe · Posted
      Yeah, the traffic is horrendous. I work in Makati. Quite a few of my workmates spend up to 4 hours a day sitting in their car just commuting, and they don't really live that far away. I solved that problem by renting a condo directly across the road from my office. ( And directly above the bar that we frequently visit after office hours )  
    • I like Thailand because.................................
      By britmaveric · Posted
      I find if you can't speak to strangers in South East Asia then well you really are shy/introverted to the extreme.You certainly do not need a a 2yr old. You probably could have a limb sticking out of your head and still have success.
    • Asian street food
      By BlahBlahBlah · Posted
      I had some amazing Nem Loi and Banh Xeo yesterday. 
    • I like Thailand because.................................
      By Morlar · Posted
      In spite of the debilitating heat this week, I decided to go for a long walk with my son today. One of the things I really like is how easy it is here to strike up conversations with complete strangers. Obviously having a cute two year old with me makes that even easier.
    • Only muslims are allowed to say the word "Allah" according to the Malaysian court
      By ironloyalty · Posted
      Church asked to take down its cross because worried that young Muslim may get influenced and convert to Christian. http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/04/19/Protest-agaist-church/   I suggest that that all religion other than Islam being banned in this country. Once and for all solve the problem.