Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is Philippines Dept. of Foreign committed to ensuring the safety of all foreign nationals within its territory? If so, how?

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

The Manila hostage crisis occurred when a dismissed Philippine National Police officer took over a tour bus in Rizal Park, Manila, Philippines on August 23, 2010. A disgruntled former senior inspector Rolando Mendoza (who was kicked out from his job) from the Manila Police District (MPD) hijacked a tour bus carrying 25 people (20 tourists and also a tour guide, all from Hong Kong, and four Filipinos) in a desparate attempt to get his job back. He said that he was summarily dismissed without the opportunity to properly defend himself.

The Manila rescue attempt failed. :wub:

As a result of the botched rescue attempt by Manila Police, I'd like to hear your opinions on what the Department of Foreign Affairs spokesman Eduardo Malaya has said,"The incident is an isolated case and is in no way reflective of the peace and order situation in the Philippines. The Philippines government is committed to enssuring the safety of all foreign nationals within its territory."

Is the Philippines Dept. of Foreign Affairs committed to ensuring the safety of all foreign nationals within its territory? If so, how?

What do you think? Edited by cobie