Dating a Chinese girl - Tips for stupid people

26 posts in this topic

Posted

This blog caught my eye. It's chock full of tips on how clueless foreign men can make the right impression on a Chinese girl. Basically, it seems you should treat her like a blameless princess, shave, and avoid sweating at all costs...

http://www.lovelovechina.com/dating/how-to-leave-a-good-impression-on-chinese-girl/

A compliment?! Are you serious? You get 15 minutes, and then I'm gone... Jeez!

BTW, Mandrunk's equally fatuous tips for Chinese girls wanting a long nose/gweilo... Shut the f#k up and look pretty.

Posted

Just think of the time she spent typing all this stuff out...

:unsure:

Posted

I can now understand why there is such a problem with domestic abuse in China. More than 10 minutes late and I’d be gone, if it takes that long for a girl to put on make up, she must be hiding something hideous and distorted. If I want to eat steak I’ll eat fookin steak. And if they think it’s clever to use knitting needles to eat, than the Chinese are not as intelligent as they perceive themselves to be.

Posted

Gertting a serious case of brown arms there Blah³

Posted

.....clueless foreign men can make the right impression on a Chinese girl. Basically, it seems you should treat her like a blameless princess, shave, and avoid sweating at all costs...

I don't think, it's so bad or wrong what she is writing in her blog. She is not a fake, has some quite normal pictures in flickr, and she gives some advice how to impress a Chinese girl as a foreign man. It seems she has many contacts with foreigners, teaching some Chinese in a language school, working as a tourist guide, she likes the idea to have a foreign boyfriend and is not discriminating

About the topic itself, to wait a little bit does not cost you any money. If you have her mobile number, you could ask by SMS where she is now etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovelovechina/

Her articles are quite spot on, her advice for girls is very clear and true. Hurry up as a girl or you might be left over, be choosy, demanding like a princess, but be aware, if you are 25+ it's getting more difficult for you. And the time to be choosy and demanding is over - Chinese men, who have something to offer, like house, car and are financially stable are not so many and they are very choosy, too.

http://www.lovelovechina.com/girls/how-educated-chinese-girls-become-%e2%80%9cleftovers%e2%80%9d/

There are also articles from her, that Chinese men usually expect the Chinese wife to work a lot and the sweet time to play around with men is quickly over after only a few years.

-----

http://beijingcalling.blogspot.com/2010/03/fact-of-day-500000-single-women-in.html

If you are a Chinese girl and you are 25+ (max. 30) and living in the big cities, maybe nobody wants you anymore - your risk. China is not USA or EU.

Posted

Perhaps I should recommend a trip to china for the next lad’s holiday that is already at the planning stage. A scrapheap of 30 something Asian birds?? Sounds like my sort of place!!! They have golf, don’t they??

Posted

Hurry up as a girl or you might be left over, be choosy, demanding like a princess, but be aware, if you are 25+ it's getting more difficult for you.

Am I the only person seeing the flawed logic here? Demanding, choosy princesses with timekeeping issues, probably quite rightly wind up on the scrap heap. What man in his right mind is going to marry that?

The sooner women grow up and realise they're not going to get the picture book Hollywood marriage they see in the movies, the sooner they'll be happy and settled in the real world.

Posted (edited)

Am I the only person seeing the flawed logic here? Demanding, choosy princesses with timekeeping issues, probably quite rightly wind up on the scrap heap. What man in his right mind is going to marry that?

Well, Mandrunk, this is what you think in your Western mindset, but really, China (and Japan is quite similar with that) is not Europe.

Of course you have some crazy overdemanding Chinese women in the cities, and also some bitter women who are out of dating anyway because of their age etc, but generally Chinese women from China mainland are not that bad and very modest. Many women in China see not very much comfort in their entire life. Many of them are quite poor but very honest.

If you look in a Chinese small town, 1 million people or so, you will see that children, boys and girls are not spoiled and parents rights are strong and life is very hard for them, especially during winter time.

After there are a few years, maybe from 18 up to 25 years old, where a young woman can make some fun out with a man, asking him for something what he can never buy, playing the psycho girl, or just keep him waiting or such little things. Be patient and let them enjoy the fun to be a bit choosy.

If you see the economic situation in China (inside the mainland, and not in the major cities along the coastline) you will understand why so many Chinese women are looking for a man with secure accomodation and a regular job/income and also for some fun with dating to brighten up a little bit. Most Chinese women in mainland China do not ask for much.

Many Chinese men cannot offer much to their wife either, they do not have much anyway as they are all poor, and after marriage many women have to work rather hard, and somebody mentioned domestic violence... well we do not have such laws in China (and Japan), nobody cares really about what husband and wife are doing in their room.

About gender imbalance, it is said, there are about 30 million more men than women, and China has over 1340 million people. If you are a Chinese man, just doing some regular work, a bit patient with these girls, you should find your wife, even if you are not rich. 30 million females missing is not much for all China.

The problem is more in the villages, often remote located, where young women were moving away to cities to find a better life. Life in Chinese villages is often very very primitive, unbelievable primitive.

Edited by yohan

Posted

wow, her boyfriend looks old (like mine)

Posted

I was going to say her boyfriend looks Slavic, like a Russian, and he is. Well a Russian fourby at any rate. They tend to look older than western Europeans.

Posted

That girl is always posting on ChinaSmack.

As a foreigner it is not that hard to make an impression on Chinese girls. Much much less effort than it takes to make an impression on girls from your own culture. By being "rare" and "different" and from a perceived rich and open minded culture. .you already won the game. Knowing a bit of Chinese language goes a long way though.

All girls want to be treated like princesses . . . post 80's Chinese girls especially want it.

Posted

No Chinese hotties hit on me during my recent 18 days in-country. :welcomeani:

Posted

Not even the ones sitting in the front of the "hair salons"?

Posted

No Chinese hotties hit on me during my recent 18 days in-country.

They are mostly shy with foreigners and not confident in their english speaking ability. I don't mean that Chinese girls just try and pick you up off the street. You have to live there and be in situations where them talking to you can be seen as "appropriate" through your workplace or school or whatever. Though I imagine if you went to a bar in a larger city some girls there might just cold approach you. Better luck next time!

Posted

This reminds me of a story of a friend that visited the country in Cambodia for a few weeks only to report half-way through that he was engaged. It wasn't the typical bar-girl story, though, he had met her through his aunt and uncle (living there, running a school) and somehow a proper arrangement just fell into place. Apparently she was a beautiful, shy, sweet young girl that had never been kissed (or something like that) and he sort of got swept along in the process himself.

The end of the story was anticlimactic. They never did have any kind of relations and he got cold feet and fled the country before arrangements were finalized. He was really starting to fall for that girl, even though their contact had been limited, but he realized it was as much a romantic ideal that was tempting both of them and that the final reality would be much more difficult.

Posted

No Chinese hotties hit on me during my recent 18 days in-country.

Did you hit all the hot spots?

Chinese women..... I'm more interested to see what the post-90's kids are gonna bring to the table.

Posted

Chinese women..... I'm more interested to see what the post-90's kids are gonna bring to the table.

*Tongue firmly in cheek* Like teen pregancies and a rampant increase in STD's? The welfare system in China wont cop that.

Posted

Something along those lines.... All that new attitude and "awakening" from the sleeping dragon just might wreak havoc on the elders.

Posted

It already is. The following isfrom youtube and is part 1 of 3 of a documentary from a couple of years ago produced by the CBC (Canadian) a few years ago:

Posted

The problem is (and this is a worldwide problem) so many of these women have no developed interests, although to be fair that is also true of the men. I'm sure it's a bit hard to do in China.

Posted

As in thhe middle class lasses being "like, you know, whatever" and obsessed with clothes, shoes and make-up like vacuous western teens?

Posted

That is a famous series made by CBC before the Beijing Olympics to get Canadians more knowledgeable about China. Some of it is..., frankly, quite sad to think about if you are a Canadian.

We claim to be multicultural, and yet a lot of Canadians don't know crap about the place, its people or its culture.

I think the legions of Taiwanese and HongKongese that were already in Canada might have overtly influence some people's idea about "Chinese people" though, but I am straying too far if I am going that way.

As for the blog, or the girl herself..., well, people like that annoys me. Is she representing the 45% of the 1.3 billion people in China? Are all mainland Chinese girls thinking this way? Obviously not. I wouldn't take her recommendations too seriously. You meet a girl you like and you guys are going to figure out what works for you two.

And yes, China has a lot of single 30-50 years old women at this moment, but I'll be weary though, some of them are quite demanding, i.e. rich, high born, classy, in shape, dress well, well known, can play/indulge them like movies, and not too much older.

Posted (edited)

I think it's a big mistake taking advice from a Chinese girl as to how to treat a Chinese girl in order for you to like her. It would be kind of like this: "you should buy her lots of presents, always agree with her, be a good boy and give her your salary every month, and never ever, ever look at another girl".

Actually I saw that site some time ago, what made me laugh was one part where she said "...and don't ever cheat on her, because then she will be gone forever, and never ever come back!". In my experience, the vast majority of Chinese girls, with unfaithful men, never go anywhere! It only seems to make them more determined if anything.

This blog has a few interesting articles: ...

Edited by Bluecat
Removed link

Posted

Many Chinese men cannot offer much to their wife either, they do not have much anyway as they are all poor, and after marriage many women have to work rather hard, and somebody mentioned domestic violence... well we do not have such laws in China (and Japan), nobody cares really about what husband and wife are doing in their room.

Or in the street apparently. I see guys beating their wife in the street pretty regularly. Once, though, I did see the wife beating her husband, while holding the baby no less!

Posted

Hao jiu bu jian (long tme no see) Teruchan. Welcome back.

Posted

Thanks Uncle Geilo. I am glad to be back.