Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hong Kong Girl Dies of Ketamine Overdose - Darwin Award?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

The following video is of a Hong Kong girl snorting a very long line of Ketamine somewhere in China in a 'contest'. I've not posted the video here but you can view it on the following link (make sure the kids aren't around)...
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xac4zb_hk-girl-snorts-a-gigantic-line-of-k_lifestyle

It's reported she was dead a short time later...
http://hk.news.yahoo.com/article/090824/3/dvd0.html

I'm posting the story here because I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the death sentence for traffickers and pushers vs the duty of care for oneself. I don't think this young girl deserved to die for the folly of youth... but I can't help thinking she had it coming. She seemed sober enough to be aware of what she was doing...

Orient Expat Friends
Meet your global neighbours. . .

Posted

I don't get the feeling that liquor store owners deserve the death penalty when someone dies of alcoholic poisoning or chokes in their own vomit, and this is really no different. Sure, most people don't deserve to die because of youthful follow, but it is just part of life. Bad luck, these things happen. BTW, is special K even illegal in most of Asia? It was all the rage in Cambodia a few years ago, and most expats seemed to think it was legal.

Posted

I'm posting the story here because I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the death sentence for traffickers and pushers vs the duty of care for oneself. I don't think this young girl deserved to die for the folly of youth... but I can't help thinking she had it coming. She seemed sober enough to be aware of what she was doing...

The cynical would say we're better off without her in the gene pool, but I wonder what kind of parenting she had? Apart from the fact that teenagers think they are immortal, I wonder why she felt she had to out-snort her friends? She didn't deserve to die but whoever organized this dangerous contest deserves a jail sentence.

Posted

Very big question MD,

You could apportion blame all the way from the producer down to the snorter and there would be a case of blame for everyone down the line..(no bad pun intended). So my thoughts down the chain:

Producer: Well in the case of Ketamine, it

Posted

I can't believe this poor girl fully understood exactly how much she was taking, or the likely consequences. Certainly the people setting this up, egging her on and paying out the wager, it seems to have been a bet, deserve to be behind bars.

But personally I think all drugs should be legally available. It would help remove the criminal element, ensure quality control, products can have the correct warning notices, and as a business it can be regulated and taxed. Prohibition doesn't work, all it does is provide a market for criminals; drink, drugs, prostitution, gambling should all be legal.

Posted

I'll support legalization as soon as they can do an on the spot check to verify how high someone is, the same way they do with alcohol. Driving while high is as dangerous as drunk driving.

Posted

ok.. that was a huge line.. even if she was doing pixie sticks.. some where in your mind you should go.. WTF ARE YOU THINKING.. if you can over come this though and go through with this .. I think that you should have died anyways.. waist of youth maybe.. but if you are that dumb, the best thing you are going to do is be spending some rich mans money or living off tax payers.